Here at Potters UK, we specialise in a process called the “Hot-Foil” technique. This blend of heat, pressure and fine foil produces luxurious single colour foil prints that are environmentally friendly and handcrafted by our highly skilled in-house all-female team of printers. With over 100 years of experience between them, from 1939, Potters UK has been keeping alive traditional hand printing, elevating the process to an art form.
SETTING YOUR ARTWORK
With any traditional process, there are limitations.
We ask that all artwork adheres to the following requirements to avoid rejection.
- The artwork must be solid black on a fully transparent or white background.
- The text must be no smaller than 8pt.
- The minimum line thickness is 0.5pt at the actual print size.
- All reversed out text should be avoided.
- Borders are not recommended.
- It must be a vector file, exported with text outlined or converted to curves with expanded strokes.
- It must be supplied as an afdesign, AI, PDF, EPS or SVG file.
If artwork fails to meet the above guidelines, you may be asked to do one of the following
- Resupply artwork.
- Have your artwork reset by our in-house team; this is charged at £40 per piece of artwork.
- Sign a disclaimer.
Once your artwork has been successfully submitted, please allow three full working days to receive digital proof for approval. The email will come from Potters (London) Limited via Signable. If it has not been received, please ensure you have checked your spam and then call us as soon as possible to avoid any production delays.